Reintroduce Yourself to the Power of the GS FLX+ System
Don't miss the true biology - Get more complete coverage of target regions
Perform highly accurate sequencing of long amplicons up to 800 bp on the GS FLX+ System with a simple software upgrade (Version 2.9).
- More precise taxonomic classification of organisms in 16S and 18S rRNA samples by covering more variable regions in a single long read
- More comprehensive detection of genetic variations in multiplex gene panels by spanning more introns and exons in a single long amplicon
- Improved haplotyping phasing of more distantly linked variants (e.g. HLA)
- Enhanced variant linkage in viral drug resistance studies by covering more contiguous regions of viral genomes (e.g. HIV)
Example 950 bp 16S rRNA amplicon sequenced on the GS FLX+ System. The 16S rRNA genes of a mixed environmental sample were amplifed using primers spanning approximately 950 bp. The sample was sequenced using the GS FLX Titanium XL+ Sequencing Kit and processed using using v2.9 software with Flow Pattern B.
What’s New with GS FLX+ Software v2.9?
- Perform highly accurate sequencing of long amplicons up to 800 bp on the GS FLX+ System with a simple software upgrade (Version 2.9).
- Extend the range of amplicon lengths available for your targeted sequencing projects while maintaining >99% accuracy over the length of the read.
- Sequence even longer amplicons up to 1,100 bp with custom modified pipeline settings.
- Three available amplicon processing pipelines offer varying filtering strategies and read trimming settings for customization of sequencing results to fit project needs
|Read Length||Up to 1,000 bp||Up to 600 bp|
|Mode Read Length||700 bp||450 bp|
|Throughput||700 Mb||450 Mb|
|Reads per Run||~1,000,000|
|Run Time||23 hours||10 hours|
Performance of the GS FLX+ System with Sequencing Kit XL+ and Sequencint Kit XLR70. Actual results depend on specific sample and genomic characteristics. *Consensus accuracy at 15x coverage E. coli.
Targeted region sequencing using GS FLX+ long amplicons. Primers A and B are incorporated at the 5' end a template-specific sequence, followed by locus-specific amplification resulting in amplicons that are ready for emPCR and sequencing. With the GS FLX+ System, hundreds of thousands of amplicons can be sequenced independently. Directionality is maintained throughout sequencing and analysis.
See What Others Are Saying
The new flow pattern and image analysis software for the GS FLX+ System will enable researchers to obtain considerably longer sequence reads from 16S rRNA gene amplicons without sacrificing data quality. This is a great advance for microbial ecologists since it will enable them to get better taxonomic classification of their data.
- Patrick Schloss, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, University of Michigan, Author of mothur, an open source software for microbial community analysis
We are excited to use the long amplicon sequencing capabilities on the GS FLX+ System to push the boundaries in metagenomics research. We are now achieving 16S rRNA amplicon read lengths of up to 1,050 bp, allowing extended coverage of 5-6 variable regions in a single read. These improvements allow better taxonomic assignment, more precise microbial profiling, and deeper insights into the functional diversity of complex metagenomics samples.
- Ralph Oehlmann, Ph.D., Director of Business Development, IMGM Laboratories GmbH Martinsried, Germany