GS Junior System
The power of next-gen sequencing in your hands
The GS Junior System brings the power of 454 Sequencing Systems directly to the laboratory benchtop. Get comprehensive genome coverage with long 400 bp sequencing reads and quickly proceed from DNA to discovery with fast sequencing runs and straightforward data analysis on the attendant computer.
- Powered by proven technology: Uses GS Junior Titanium chemistry to deliver high-quality, bioinformatics-friendly, long read data
- Fits in your lab: Small instrument size, along with low entry and operating costs, enables labs with limited budget and infrastructure to take advantage of next gen sequencing
- Easy to use: Manageable data size allows processing and analysis right on the attendant computer without the need for specialized computing or network infrastructures
- Point-and-click data analysis: Includes the GS Data Analysis Software for de novo assembly, reference mapping and amplicon variant analysis
- Perfectly size for a wide range of sequencing applications:
- Amplicon Sequencing: Targeted sequencing of 10's - 100's of samples and loci
- Sequence Capture: Targeted sequencing of custom array regions
- Whole Genome Sequencing: De novo sequencing and resequencing of microbial organisms (bacteria, fungi, viruses)
- Metagenomics: Characterization of complex environmental samples; pathogen discovery
- Transcriptome Sequencing: Full-length sequencing and de novo assembly of transcripts
An integrated solution from sample prep to data analysis. The GS Junior System includes a high-performance desktop computing station and a complete suite of point-and-click data analysis software.
|GS Junior System|
|Read Length||~400 bp|
- 85% of total bases from reads >400 bp in length
|Reads per Run||~100,000 shotgun, 70,000 amplicon|
|Accuracy||Q20 read length of 400 bases (99% accuracy at 400 bases and higher for preceding bases)|
|Run Time||10 hours|
|Sample Input||gDNA, PCR products (amplicons) or cDNA, depending on the application|
|Multiplexing||Multiplex identifiers (MIDs) tags: 132
Gaskets: 1 region
|Computing||Attendant PC for run processing and data analysis included|
(w x l x h)
|15.8" x 23.6" x 15.8"
(40 cm x 60 cm x 40 cm)
|Weight||55 lbs (25 kg)|
|Power Supply||100 VAC-240 VAC 50/60 Hz 400VA
(The instrument will operate from a minimum of 85 VAC to a maximum of 264 VAC at 50/60 Hz)
*Throughput profile based on shotgun sequencing of bacterial gDNA. Actual results depend on specific sample and genomic characteristics.
Example read length distribution from a GS Junior shotgun sequencing run (E. coli K-12). In this example, average read length is 448 bp with a mode read length of 496 bp.
|Instruments & Hardware|
|GS Junior Complete||Instrument, Computer, Accessories||05922160001|
- GS Junior System Brochure
- GS Junior System Workflow Flyer
- 454 Sequencing Systems Portfolio Brochure
- GS Junior System & Fluidigm Access Array Flyer
- Application Note: Screening Cancer Genes Using NimbleGen Sequence Capture and the GS Junior Sequencing System
For manuals and other system documentation, visit the customer-accessible my454 site.